St Vincent’s Private Hospital Brisbane (SVPHB) is a Catholic, not-for-profit, private health organisation. SVPHB reflects in its policies and practices the ethical and moral teachings of the Catholic Church. Those who accept appointment as a facility’s Accredited Practitioner agree to respect and observe the principles embodied in:
- Our Mission, Vision and Values
- The Code of Ethical Standards for Catholic Health & Aged Care Services in Australia PDF [296 KB]
- Our Professional Codes of Conduct PDF [9.55 MB]
- Our Facility By-Laws and Schedules PDF [379 KB] and associated Policies PDF [536 KB] (including Pre-Employment Appointment Safety Checks Policy PDF [303 KB]
Other information you need to be aware of before completing your application includes:
Apply for accreditation
To apply for accreditation with St Vincent's Private Hospital Brisbane, please click on the link: SVHA National Credentialing Register
When completing your on-line credentialing application, you will be prompted to upload the following documents:
- Medical Registration (AHPRA)
- current Medical Indemnity Certificate of Currency
- Evidence of Fellowship and Post-Fellowship qualifications/certifcates
- Radiation Licence (if applicable)
- current Curriculum Vitae
- if primary medical qualifications were obtained overseas, evidence of your primary medical qualification.
You will also be asked to provide the following information:
- Medicare Provider Number
- Prescriber Number
- HPI-1 Number
- names and contact details of three (3) referees:
- one of which must be your current supervisor or colleague from the same facility, or from another facility within the same specialty
- who are recently familiar with your clinical capabilities (at least one from your own profession)
- who can attest to your recent practice and have known you for at least 12 months within the past three (3) years.
How the application process works
Applications for accreditation are considered by our Credentialing Committee and recommendations made to our Medical Advisory Committee. These committees meet approximately every 8 weeks and if your application is successful you will be formally notified within 14 business days of the Committee's scheduled meeting date.
Changing your scope or practice as an accredited practitioner
Should you wish to change your Scope of Clinical Practice in any way, e.g. undertaking a specialised procedure or service delivery (but still within your defined specialty)for the first time or undertaking a new interventional or surgical procedure or clinical service for the first time at a facility, please contact our Credentialing Officer on the email below.
Renewal of accredited practitioners
An Accredited Practitioner must apply for re-accreditation before the expiration of the term of their accreditation in order to maintain current accreditation at St Vincent's Private Hospital Brisbane. The Accredited Practitioner will be notified of the pending expiry date, not less than three months before and advised of the processes to follow for applying for re-accreditation and review of Scope of Clinical Practice.
Should you require assistance or have any further questions, please contact our Credentialing Officer on tel: 07 3240 1102 or fill in the form below.